At key points throughout the school year, activity organizers require a parent’s consent or to have someone signify they have read a notice. In the past, a form or notice was sent home with the expectation that a parent reads it and sends it back with a signature.
Few of these notices ever make it back to school, which increases the work for school staff who follow up with parents again and again. Due to COVID-19, many schools are rethinking that strategy. A parent might have gone into the school to pay an activity fee and sign a form, they are now discouraged from going inside. It is becoming more common for a school district to require electronic signatures since many are moving towards paperless permission and sign-up forms.
Add a digital signature to any online event form
Rather than forcing a parent or event registrant to sign a paper form and re-send it by scanning or putting it into a student’s backpack, electronic signatures are an option for any of our mobile forms. An e-signature with a mobile form is immediate, more secure, and certainly more environmentally friendly.
- Once account information changes to include the e-signature option, an organizer can include them when editing a form or notice
- E-signatures are added the same way any question type is when in editing mode
- If there’s a need to add consent text, to go along with the e-signature, a user can input this text when editing the form and that text will appear on the form when live. It is also carried over to a confirmation email sent to the individual completing the form
- The form user can click a button to submit the completed notice which also alerts the school the form completion
- Administrators can view the signatures in their administration area, create a custom view and export the information, including signatures
Real-world examples of where e-signatures are applicable:
- Photo consent
- Acknowledgment of Risk and Informed Consent
- Age consent (example - student is 18 years of age or older if under, the parent must provide consent/permission)
- Acknowledgment of COVID-19 Procedures
- Acknowledgment of Event Cancellation Policy
Schools and districts across North America use CampusRight to reduce bureaucracy and focus on the student experience. CampusRight is a mobile-friendly ticketing system that simplifies your events, whether graduation, prom, game ticket, or your next school play. Schedule a demonstration to learn more.